It’s almost January! (Yay for clean slates, fresh starts and New Year’s Resolutions!)
But, are you being tempted to buy into some gimmicky, quick fix fitness fad? I certainly don’t intend to sound negative, but if something promises miraculous results without effort on your part, it really is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.
As a fitness professional, January is probably the most frustrating time of year. I KNOW people have good intentions… but New Year’s Resolutions almost always fail.
Michael Hyatt, a business mentor I highly respect shared these statistics recently:
- 25 percent of people abandon their New Year’s resolutions after one week.
- 60 percent of people abandon them within six months. (The average person makes the same New Year’s resolution ten separate times without success.)
- Only 5 percent of those who lose weight on a diet keep it off; 95% regain it. A significant percentage gain back more than they originally lost.
The reason so many people fail is simply because they don’t have someone holding them to their goals.
As a fitness coach, that’s what I get to do — provide encouragement and accountability so people will actually stick to it.
These examples from my Challenge Groups this past year demonstrate my point best:
* a mom of four who began in January, reached her goal weight by losing over 20 pounds, and STILL is very involved in our ongoing-accountability group, the EFF Tribe.
* a friend who began in March, has lost over 45 pounds, and is helping others do the same now too!
* another friend who started last January has lost so much she was able to fit into her wedding dress again, three kids later!
My point is certainly not HOW MUCH they lost, but that they made long-term changes and have been able to maintain their new lifestyle a YEAR later!
Why Not You?
THIS is the kind of resolution you should make. And it can start here.
When you invest in a Challenge Group with Everyday Faith + Fitness, you not only get all of the physical products of what you purchase, but you are automatically enrolled in The EFF Tribe —
By approaching this whole health and fitness thing from a Bible-based perspective, long-lasting change CAN happen for you too!
I love New Year’s Resolutions just as much as the next person, but believe me, I’d much rather you be successful in making change than just writing something on a list!
Send me a message if you want to chat more about where you’re at and where you’d like to be. (everydayfaithandfitness (at) gmail.com)
Praying you all have a most blessed 2016!